I love vintage bread boards/cutting boards and so does half of the US, so it can be tricky to find the real deal. I’ve tried to hasten the wearing-in process by hand-cutting these boards with perfectly imperfect shapes and rounded over edges. This collection features 3 shapes (Baguette, Small Handled and Large Handled) in 3 types of wood (Pine, Poplar, Maple). Each board arrives seasoned with food-grade board butter and clear care instructions to ensure your board holds up beautifully for years to come.
Let’s talk about choosing the right wood for you…
Pine – Beautiful, bold grain patterns and budget-friendly pricepoints make this a no-brainer. However, this is a softer wood. Pine is best used as a way to serve food in an artful manner and to add rustic charm to your decor. Pine is not great if you want to cut/prepare food on it.
Poplar – A harder wood with a dull golden tint, poplar features unique grain patterns and is still somewhat budget-friendly. But, because it’s a harder wood, this option will stand up to some food prep and cutting as well as serving as an artful platter and charming decor piece.
Maple – A hardwood with beautiful grain patterns and a true blonde appearance, maple is a hardy workhorse that is happy to serve as your cutting board and play double duty as a bespoke platter/rustic decor piece. The only drawback to choosing maple is the steeper price tag. But, I promise you won’t be disappointed by this beautiful choice.
- This Item is Made To Order and Ships Within 2-3 Business Days
- Measurements are approximate and can vary by +/- 1/8″
- Each board is initially seasoned with food-grade board butter and includes detailed care instructions
- Baguette Board measures 22″ long x 4.5″ wide″ and .75″ thick
- Small Handled Board measures 8.5″ long (12.25″ including handle) x 5.25″ wide″ and .75″ thick
- Large Handled Board measures 12.75″ long (17″ including handle) x 9.75″ wide″ and .75″ thick
- USPS Priority Shipping & Insurance Included